Both DJI Spark and Contixo F18 drones fall into category under $300 camera quadcopters which makes them quite similar. Yet, there are some differences as well and we cover them in this DJI Spark vs Contixo F18 comparison.
||14.5 x 13.4 x 3.15 inches
||31mph in Sport Mode
||0.66lbs (with battery)
||0.73 lbs (without battery)
|Global Position Systems
||1/2.3” CMOS; 12 MP; 1920×1080 30p
||LiPo 3S, 1480mAh, 11.4 V
||LiPo 2100mAh, 7.4 V
||1.2 mile (with remote)
||Check on Amazon.com
||Check on Amazon.com
DJI Spark Pros
- DJI Spark is much more lightweight and smaller drone: it measures only 5,6×5,6×2,1 inches and the propellers can be folded as well. Taking this drone to a journey with you are the easiest thing!
- The Spark quadcopter is very fast – it can reach 31 miles per hour in a good weather conditions. Compare this to 20 miles per hour for the Contixo and you’ll see what quadcopter is a race drone!
- The Spark weights almost as twice as low as the Contixo. A good toy for small kids!
- Both drones feature Vision Position System, yet the Spark also has GLONASS system receiver installed while the opponent only has GPS. Having an extra Global Positioning System as a backup is always a good thing.
- DJI Spark feature full-grade 2-axis gimbal when the other one lacking it. Sure, 2-axis aren’t give you the best image stabilization, yet it’s better than having none.
- With remote controller the DJI Spark can reach up to 1.2 miles of range when the F18 is limited to 1 mile.
- First person view a.k.a. live feed transmission that transmit video captured by the drone’s camera to your smartphone device in real-time is much more stable on the DJI Spark. It works fine almost at 1 mile radius when the F18 FPV freezes at 200 feet range. It might be weather conditions of some interference, but that’s it.
- DJI Spark features a number of Intelligent Flight Modes that may be important for new drone pilots.
Contixo F18 Pros
- Drone is much more stable due to the size and weight. It is almost as big as the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and it performs well even in windy conditions.
- Drone’s camera is quite good compared to the other cameras at this price range. It can’t capture 4K video, yet 1080p is decent.
- Advertised flying time is 16 minutes, yet we’ve managed to fly it up to 20 minutes in the air! That’s not something you’d expect from a $250 drone! Usually manufacturers marketing one flying time numbers but in reality these numbers a lower. That’s not a case with the Contixo F18 – drone flies even longer that it says in official specifications!
- The drone comes with a remote controller from the start and you don’t have to pay extra for the accessory.
- Price. The basic price for the F18 is less than $269.99 and you get all things at once, no additional accessories required!
DJI Spark Cons
- The main reason why not to buy DJI Spark drone is the next: the drone doesn’t come with a remote controller, you have to pay additional $100. Not having a remote not only limits your flying abilities but it also limits the range of the drone up to 260ft which is outrageous! So keep that in mind that full package will cost you $399 and not $299.
- Sometimes software are lagging. Reinstalling and updating it usually helps.
Contixo F18 Cons
- It is quite a big drone so you need to have a decent backpack if you’re about to travel somewhere. Nice bags can cost you up to one hundred bucks.
- FPV often doesn’t work as required worsening the experience.
- Lacking GLONASS.
- Lacking gimbal stabilization for the camera: images and video are often shaky (especially in the wind) and aren’t suitable for any use.